Beautiful Harrogate, a town that has topped various lists of the best places to live in Britain is a place where home owners can be confident that their house will always hold value for it’s location.
If you are a home owner in Harrogate you may have considered getting a loft conversion at some point but still be wondering whether to make the call and spend the money. Here are five reasons why you should bite the bullet and do it:
1. Create more space
A loft conversion gives you more space. Maybe you are an expanding family or in need of a home office. A loft conversion can give you this space without the need for moving house.
Loft Conversions can be completed in as little as four weeks!
3. Not many planning restrictions
Generally loft conversions can go ahead without any planning permission making the whole process from start to finish even quicker.
4. Add value to your property
By having more space/rooms in your property you will increase it’s value.
5. Little disruption
All the work for loft conversions is completed in the loft so there is very little mess and disruption to your house which enables you to carry on with day to day life whilst the work is being carried out.
With all of these great reasons to go ahead there is little doubt that a loft conversion in Harrogate is a fantastic idea for your property!
Loft conversions can vary significantly in cost, but are usually a sound investment in terms of adding value to your property.
The cost depends on a number of factors, such as size, time to complete and area that you live in for. For example, if you live in London a loft conversion will cost more than a loft conversion in Leeds.
Likewise, if you’re looking for a small loft conversion in the very top of a terraced house, there’s no doubt that this will be cheaper than a loft conversion in a larger detached house.
Another factor that will make things more expensive is how quickly you want it completed. If you need it doing fast and at short notice then you are likely to pay more than waiting at the bottom of the list and being happy for the job to spread over a number of months. Good if you can handle the disruption.
Generally, loft conversions cost between £20,000 and £40,000 with and average around £32,000 but it is very dependent on the factors above. The best thing to do is get in touch with a local loft conversion company, (like www.northyorkshireloftconversions.co.uk if you’re in Leeds) and ask for a few quotes and get a better idea for your specific requirements.
A loft conversion is a fantastic way of adding more space to your house without having to go through the stress of moving. It’s also been shown by the RICS to increase the value of your house by up to 25% for just a third of the cost of moving house.
Here are 5 tips to consider when planning a Yorkshire loft conversion, and any other for that matter:
- Permanent access – if a conversion is to be used as a bedroom or bathroom or study then it needs to be accessed by a permanent staircase
- Time – it will normally take around 4 or 5 weeks to complete a loft conversion and this can be disruptive in your house so you need to be prepared for it.
- Cost – You’ll know the costs of the loft conversion itself prior to committing, but be ready for unsuspected costs with electrics, plumbing and other areas affected by building work
- Permission – make sure you don’t need planning permission for your loft conversion. Usually you won’t need it, but it’s best to be safe before than annoyed after
- Safety – Safety considerations should be top of the list when you’re planning, ensuring fire regulations are kept to and emergency exits are available